St. George Parks and Recreation
Late Fall Message ( updated 10/18/22)
If you have not already done so, you can register your child for youth basketball now. Just click on the link for Youth Sports Registration on the left - it only takes a minute or two. Registration closes for team participation for Grades 5-6 and 3-4 on November 10. Registration for our in house Grade 1-2 program is open until Jan 7, 2023. Practices for grades 3-4 and 5-6 begin in mid-November with games starting Dec 3. Game schedules will be posted below when they become available.
Online Registration for Winter and Spring youth sports is now available on this site. Please see the quick link to the left.
SENIOR TRIPS 2023
Watch for announcements regarding senior citizen trips for 2023
- Next Lunch: December 13 Chili
- Menu: See above
- Program: November: December - St. George School Band
- NOTE: January, February and March lunches will be delivered to St. George Seniors who request a lunch. If you are nto on our delivery list already, you can be added by calling the Town Office 372-6363 and leaving your name, address and phone number.
St. George Tennis and Pickleball Courts are now closed - will open again in April, 2023
- Courts are first-come, first serve outside of the Community group times from April - June and Sept-Oct. In July and August, courts can be reserved 24 hours in advance by signing up at the court.
- If you are looking for a fun doubles experience, try out the Community Tennis group and the Community Pickleball group. All are welcome!
Adult Rec Activities
Pickle Ball: The outdoor pickle ball court at the school is now open for play outside of school hours and on weekends. For more information on area pickle ball: email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-9754.
Sign-up to Receive All the Latest News Delivered Directly to Your In-Box..
By joining our automated email list you'll be the very first to know about all the latest Parks & Rec. registrations, news, announcements, cancellations, etc. as all the newest information will be delivered directly to your email "inbox"! No more digging for flyers in your child's lunch pail, backpack or laundry. No more having to buy a local newspaper or scouring past newsletters for announcements. No more having to rely on what you child heard in school or what their friends thought they might have heard. Have it all delivered directly to you!
Simply click on the link ("Join our email list") above, follow the instruction making sure to check off the appropriate boxes for the information you'd like to receive. Don't delay as things will soon be getting very busy very soon! Thanks in advance for signing up.
Parks and Recreation Committee Meeting
- The next committee meeting will be December 5th at the Town Office.
- P&R committee meetings are open to the public.
- Meetings are 6 PM at the Town Office unless otherwise noted
- "Like" us on our Face Book page by clicking on the Facebook icon or simply type "St.George Rec. Boosters" on the Face Book "Search" line.
Activities for Adults (See new summer class schedule and description below)
Fun for All Ages
St. George Bicycle Route
- Enjoy a scenic ride along this route
- See link in Documents & Applications page for more information
Tennis/Pickleball Courts - CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
- Located at The Big Ball Field on Route 131 in Tenants Harbor (1 mile south of the Town Office/Fire Station/School)
- See link in Documents & Applications page for more information on the Town Forest and Fort Point Trails.
|Ben Vail||Parks and Recreation Director||(207) 701-9754 or (207) 372-6363|