Residents must meet all these requirements to be eligible to purchase a resident hunting or fishing license:
- Must be domiciled in Maine continuously for three months prior to applying for the license
- Must be in compliance with Maine Income Tax Laws
- If licensed to drive, must have made application for or possess a Maine Drivers license
- All motor vehicles owned by applicant and located in Maine must be registered in Maine
- If registered to vote, applicant must be registered to vote in a Maine Town
- Applicant must comply with all the rules mandated by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.
New and Renewals
Must bring evidence of a previous hunting (or archery) license or proof of completion of Maine Hunter Safety Course. Hunting and Fishing licenses are available though the State of Maine online at Hunting & Fishing Licenses (fee applies).
Hunting and Fishing Licenses are available though the State of Maine Online Services.