The Town of St. George which includes the villages of Tenants Harbor and Port Clyde lies at the heart of Mid-Coast Maine. The peninsula forms the western boundary of Penobscot Bay and covers an area of 23 square miles. This area includes Martinsville, Long Cove, Clark Island and portions of Spruce Head as well as some 218 ocean islands, though 123 of those islands are smaller than.1 acres and would probably be better described as ledges.
The year-round population is about 3000, with a summertime increase to an estimated 7000.
Incorporated in 1803, St. George has an annual town meeting, is governed by a Select Board, and has a town manager for its daily administration. The Town Office is located at 3 School Street in the village of Tenants Harbor.
View St George on Google Maps